Our hope is that while you are here you will find the information you need to learn more about Zion Lutheran Church and the opportunities for you to grow in your faith as well as the opportunities for you to put that faith into action.
WHO WE ARE
Zion Lutheran Church is located in La Grande, a beautiful city situated in the Blue Mountains of Eastern Oregon. We are a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) and are part of the Oregon Synod. Established in 1890, 2016 marked our 126th Anniversary of sharing our faith with our families, communities and world.
Zion draws people from all over Union County. Through the gifted people of Zion, we have ties to many facets of life in our valley. We are a diverse mix of staff and students of Eastern Oregon University as well as people who work in nursing, ranching, forestry, education and literacy. We also have people with varied skills and interests ranging from welding, pottery, scrapbooking, music, and quilting to gardening, snow skiing, fishing, hunting, and high country explorations. The people of Zion are an interested and interesting mix.
Our Vision & Values
- Vision: Zion is a teaching, learning, caring community of Christians of all ages walking the Way of Jesus in the modern world.
- Values: Welcome ~ Care ~ Grace ~ Hope ~ Evolution
At Zion Lutheran Church, we strive to live out our Vision and Values in all that we do. As you navigate through our web page, you will notice how we serve and share our faith with our families, our communities and our world.
Serving at Zion
Zion has many opportunities for you to share your gifts and talents. Please contact the church office for a complete description of volunteer opportunities with following teams
- Worship: Plans and creates elements of worship services
- Evangelism: Facilitates service and witness to our community and world
- Property: Maintains the building and grounds of Zion
- Parish Education: Provides Christian education
- Stewardship: Educating on best stewardship practices
- Mission Endowment and Memorial Committee: Raise and donate funds for outreach as well as manage memorials